PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] installation problem!!!

nono_123
August 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Hello Ubuntu forum members,
I want your help with my problem.
I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a dell Inspiron laptop. When I choose the install option in the boot menu it loads my to a log in screen. but Ubuntu has never been installed in my laptop.
how can I fix this?
thanks in advance.
:p

nono_123
August 20th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Do you have any idea?

mörgæs
August 20th, 2010, 12:24 PM
My best idea is: Don't bump your thread after two hours. It will not earn you goodwill.

justniik
August 20th, 2010, 12:31 PM
Hello Ubuntu forum members,
I want your help with my problem.
I am trying to install Ubuntu 10.04 on a dell Inspiron laptop. When I choose the install option in the boot menu it loads my to a log in screen. but Ubuntu has never been installed in my laptop.
how can I fix this?
thanks in advance.
:p

hay firstly boot you ubuntu cd & then select live cd option...after then showing ubuntu desktop with installation icon......just click on installation icon.......& install ubuntu..

MathewBracken
August 20th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Nice info. Thanks for good idea.

TBABill
August 20th, 2010, 01:37 PM
+1

Try running Live (top option), which will boot from the CD and not actually install. This allows you to run the OS, although much slower, and see if all your hardware works with the OS. Verify your wireless device, sound and other items work properly to be confident you won't have compatibility issues. Some items may still require installation of a proprietary driver (usually video and wireless from my experience), but not always. Many drivers are supported directly via the kernel without you having to do any additional work for your devices to operate properly.

If it seems to run ok from the CD, then you can do as stated above and just double click "install Ubuntu" and follow the screen options to install.