PDA

View Full Version : Intresting idea

timinator94
August 20th, 2010, 10:02 AM
OK i have a laptop. could i cluster it to a say... core i7 desktop and use this http://www.harmonicinversion.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=1&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=191&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6 and a external monitor and play my games but still have everything installed and central... just un hook and go so to speak.. plus the geek factor lol:p

ps how about clustering it to 2000 ps3s lol but seriously... its an amd laptop would i need a amd desktop to cluster
thanks
tim

Bachstelze
August 20th, 2010, 12:04 PM
This is a device that "adds" a PCI-E slot to your laptop. What does it have to do with "clustering"?

timinator94
August 20th, 2010, 06:02 PM
I would use it as a external graphics card connected to a monitor so i would have better gaming performance
and the clustering would be extra cpu power(If im understanding the concept of clustering correctly)

Bachstelze
August 20th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Right, but clustering is a bit more complicated than plugging in a CardBus device. :p

timinator94
August 20th, 2010, 06:19 PM
I realize that. Im meaning JUST for the external gpu. To make a dock that has a box on my desktop for the gpu connected to the monitor and a clustered desktop connected wherever its connected.