PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] laptop reboots after after suspend.

ppp0
August 20th, 2010, 09:01 AM
Hello ubuntu guys!
So what is my problem:
When i close lid of my sony vaio fw31e it suspends.
But when i open lid - it boots like i turned it off.
And when it is in suspend mode info led is blinking.
Where should i dig to fix this problem?
Ah, my ubuntu is LucidLynx 10.04.

thongstele
November 13th, 2010, 12:43 PM
I have the same problem with my Vaio FW190E in Ubuntu 10.10. Though in Ubuntu 10.4, it works good, no problem with suspend or hibernate mode.

When i close lid (or choose suspend menu) the latop turns to suspend mode completely (as normal), but when I open lid and press any key (or press any key in case of choosing suspend menu), Ubuntu reboots (of course existing programs disappear).

I search via a lots websites but there isn't any solution to end problem.
Anyboby know the good way, please tell me.

Thx in advance!

ppp0
November 13th, 2010, 01:26 PM
I have the same problem with my Vaio FW190E in Ubuntu 10.10. Though in Ubuntu 10.4, it works good, no problem with suspend or hibernate mode.

When i close lid (or choose suspend menu) the latop turns to suspend mode completely (as normal), but when I open lid and press any key (or press any key in case of choosing suspend menu), Ubuntu reboots (of course existing programs disappear).

I search via a lots websites but there isn't any solution to end problem.
Anyboby know the good way, please tell me.

Thx in advance!

yeah yeah! same thing i've searched too but with no result and in 10.04 it ok with suspend. I think we need to write this story to launchpad.

salamanderjoe
December 2nd, 2010, 07:01 PM
Hi everyone,

I found a solution for that exact same problem that works perfectly on my Vaio VGN-FW-54J

The source is in German, but I'll explain it in English in here as well:
http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/ubuntu-10-10-reboot-nach-dem-verlassen-der-ber/#post-2648317

You just have to edit the /etc/grub/default file as root (for example by entering
sudo gedit /etc/grub/default
)
and after that look up the line where it says:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash"
Change that to:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_sleep=nonvs"

After that, save the file and close it.

Then, you have to tell GRUB (the bootloader) to update to the new configuration. You can do that by entering

sudo update-grub

After that, reboot and enjoy!

ppp0
December 4th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Hi everyone,

I found a solution for that exact same problem that works perfectly on my Vaio VGN-FW-54J

http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic/ubuntu-10-10-reboot-nach-dem-verlassen-der-ber/#post-2648317

You just have to edit the /etc/grub/default file as root (for example by entering
)

Change that to:

Then, you have to tell GRUB (the bootloader) to update to the new configuration. You can do that by entering

sudo update-grub

Yeash man it works fro VGN-FW31E works! WORKS!!

XProflmfao
March 20th, 2011, 04:09 AM
Hi everyone,

)

Change that to:

sudo update-grub

Oh my gosh! I have had this problem for a while, only today did I actually have time to search for a solution, and so far only your solution has worked for my Sony VGN-NS140E!! Thank you so much. :o:D:P

moranjk
May 16th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Hi everyone,

)

Change that to:

sudo update-grub

Works great on my Vaio VGN-FW530J with Natty!! One slight difference though, the file was /etc/default/grub
Example:

sudo gedit /etc/default/grub

andycastille
March 5th, 2012, 04:41 AM
Thanks! I also had this problem and it fixed it perfectly! :)