PDA

View Full Version : New Comics Viewer Site

EMCGFX
August 20th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Hey guys, I've been coding new script in php to view daily comic strips.
Right now its only A to H, but I will add much more soon. It's only a beta version at this point,
but any feedback or suggestions are welcome. Its very simple but flexible and powerful script.

http://gravityfx.org/comics/

I hope you find it useful as I do :lolflag:

julio_cortez
August 20th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Hey guys, I've been coding new script in php to view daily comic strips.
Right now its only A to H, but I will add much more soon. It's only a beta version at this point,
but any feedback or suggestions are welcome. Its very simple but flexible and powerful script.

http://gravityfx.org/comics/

I hope you find it useful as I do :lolflag:
Wow!! It was years that I didn't read a Get Fuzzy comic..
I'm growing old :(

Would it be too difficult to link the sites of the different comics? So if someone needs an archive.. They can access the one hosted directly on the comic's site :)

Other than that.. Thank you!!

EMCGFX
August 20th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Thanks julio_cortez. That a good idea for now. But eventually I have plans in implementing this feature also. Where people can read old comic strips :-) Also, I think some sort of zooming would be good maybe ajax or something. What you think?

EMCGFX
August 21st, 2010, 09:53 AM
Alright guys, I got the script updated now. There is much more comic strips added. Next step is to add my two favorite ones Dilbert and Garfield. Enjoy!

EMCGFX
August 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ok, got everything working properly now. Everything is integrated into the site. Comics are saved per session. It is possible to select multiple comics strips by using CTRL key. Script indexes 223 varies comics strips. I have plans on adding more in time, like XKCD and editorials. As always any feedback or suggestions are welcome. Please report any issues with the site, thanks.

EMCGFX
August 23rd, 2010, 08:29 AM
The updater script was not updating right because of the servers timezone. FIXED now. Now it should update properly. I'll update about 12:05am for the next fix of comics strips :-)

Added submit on select and quick categories menu.