PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help everything is crashing

tropdoug
August 18th, 2010, 11:04 PM
Hi Guys

My ubuntu 10.04 system seems to be dying! for about the last week various programs simply close when I click a "go" button ie sound juicer, comes up do the track thing,m but as soon as I press extract - it closes. Same thing with Grsync when I press execute and the same with various other programs.

None of my passwords will work, my email keeps asking for the password then won't accept it.

I did notice last week a flash of I/O errors on boot, but even though I have activated etc/default/bootlogd and set it to create a log in Var - there is nothing of any significance on it.

I don't want to re load the system from scratch as it takes a week to load all the various non default programs again and that is a pain.

Is there any way to fix this?

Trinity33
August 18th, 2010, 11:21 PM
Hi Guys

My ubuntu 10.04 system seems to be dying! for about the last week various programs simply close when I click a "go" button ie sound juicer, comes up do the track thing,m but as soon as I press extract - it closes. Same thing with Grsync when I press execute and the same with various other programs.

None of my passwords will work, my email keeps asking for the password then won't accept it.

I did notice last week a flash of I/O errors on boot, but even though I have activated etc/default/bootlogd and set it to create a log in Var - there is nothing of any significance on it.

I don't want to re load the system from scratch as it takes a week to load all the various non default programs again and that is a pain.

Is there any way to fix this?

with me was the same i use ubuntu just for about a year and in the beginning i installed it than it crashed i dint know what to do installed it again downloaded 500mb updates and other software about 500mb than again it crashed and again year is gone and u know what ?

it doesnt crash anymore and to be honest everything is working perfect i know how to manage grub and many other things do you know what ? in real life ubuntu is like a girl if u dont treat it good it wont boot up