View Full Version : Google Chrome Tablet From HTC Coming In November

PSioNiC STRaNGLeR
August 18th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Read the article here:

www.businessinsider.com/google-chrome-tablet-2010-8

and tell us what you think.;)

JDShu
August 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
HTC has been making very impressive products. I don't care for tablets myself (still waiting for the cheap ARM netbooks...) , but I think this is a product that could wow mainstream consumers.

PSioNiC STRaNGLeR
August 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
HTC has been making very impressive products. I don't care for tablets myself (still waiting for the cheap ARM netbooks...) , but I think this is a product that could wow mainstream consumers.

I agree and the wow factor for me was the price. I think if they can keep the price below 300$ then it cud be a game changer

shobon
August 18th, 2010, 08:03 PM
A tablet should be able to hold apps and data and files and etc. Chrome OS is almost entirely cloud-based to my knowledge, which makes this tablet completely useless in a place where there isn't wifi.

TheNerdAL
August 18th, 2010, 08:07 PM
It would be cool if Android could integrate with Chrome OS so that people would have apps offline.

I also want a WiFi only version of this.

Zorgoth
August 18th, 2010, 08:23 PM
I would be much more interested in a high-resolution android tabley from 8-12 inches with decent hardware specs, etc. That is really what I'm waiting for.

Chrome OS just strikes me as being too restrictive.

Dragonbite
August 18th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Gotta get these products out NOW, before anything can come from Oracles' Java fight with Google.

Either way, I'd love to try one out.

Bronco24
August 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
Read the article here:

www.businessinsider.com/google-chrome-tablet-2010-8 (http://www.businessinsider.com/google-chrome-tablet-2010-8)

and tell us what you think.;)

Another expensive toy:frown:

LowSky
August 18th, 2010, 09:27 PM
I would buy one if it wasn't tied toa phone plan... I only want a WiFi version

drawkcab
August 18th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Google Chrome? No thanks. 3G plan? No thanks.

What's wrong with a wifi only android tablet?

lancest
August 19th, 2010, 03:38 AM
A tablet should be able to hold apps and data and files and etc. Chrome OS is almost entirely cloud-based to my knowledge, which makes this tablet completely useless in a place where there isn't wifi.

Sorry forgot 3G. I use it everywhere and it's fairly cheap.