PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Couldn't download all repository indexes

nsiva007
August 18th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Hi guys,
this problem happened yesterday when i updated my system running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS,through update manager,everything was normal till i got an error message like this.....
Failed to fetch http://apt.wxwidgets.org/dists/gutsy-wx/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2 Hash Sum mismatch
Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead.I don't have an idea of what it is,can someone plz help... Does that mean my system is not upgrading??

nbkr
August 18th, 2010, 03:22 PM
The errormessage lists a custom repository (one that is not maintained by the Ubuntu Community / Canonical). It seems that this repository is also meant for "Gutsy Gibbon" - an old version of Ubuntu.

The repository is probably not maintained any more and therefore shouldn't be used anymore.

The updater won't use this repository and won't update the packages out of this repository. The rest should be updated as normal.

nsiva007
August 19th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Hmm so it doesn't affect my update process right? Shall i remove gusty source from my software source list???

Cavsfan
August 19th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Hmm so it doesn't affect my update process right? Shall i remove gusty source from my software source list???

Yes, if you are not using Gutsy Gibbon, you should remove that entry and all will be fine.

nsiva007
August 21st, 2010, 01:27 PM