PDA

View Full Version : Touchscreen PDF editor?

nlz
August 18th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Are you aware of an PDF editor, running on Ubuntu of course, which allows you to make comments, drawings, underline, etc, in a PDF and subsequently safe it to the PDF?

I know that you can open PDF pages with GIMP, but that's far from ideal if you just want to read a document.

Such a function in any PDF reader would definitely make buying a convertible netbook tablet very attractive.

sydbat
August 18th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Are you aware of an PDF editor, running on Ubuntu of course, which allows you to make comments, drawings, underline, etc, in a PDF and subsequently safe it to the PDF?

I know that you can open PDF pages with GIMP, but that's far from ideal if you just want to read a document.

Such a function in any PDF reader would definitely make buying a convertible netbook tablet very attractive.Search for 'PDF Editor' in Synaptic. There is at least one and it works quite well.

nlz
August 18th, 2010, 02:46 PM
But does it work with a touch screen? Do you have experience with that? Can you just draw on it with a stylus and subsequently save?

sydbat
August 18th, 2010, 02:50 PM
But does it work with a touch screen? Do you have experience with that? Can you just draw on it with a stylus and subsequently save?I do not have a touch screen, so I cannot say for sure. Install it and give it a try. If it works (or does not) let us know here.

nlz
August 18th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I'm doubting to buy one, so I'm inquiring here to know if it works. So I'm looking for people with experience here.

sydbat
August 18th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I'm doubting to buy one, so I'm inquiring here to know if it works. So I'm looking for people with experience here.Makes sense. If I understand correctly, 10.10 will have some type of touchscreen interface that works. Might have to wait a bit before others can test it.

Favux
August 18th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Xournal has a PDF annotater.

nlz
August 19th, 2010, 10:09 AM
Xournal has a PDF annotater.

that was exactly where I was looking for. Thanks!