PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Dazzle 170

andycastille
August 17th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I downloaded Wine to run virtual Windows Xp for the Dazzle software. Unfortunately, the Dazzle software was not executable for security reasons. How do I make it executable?

I need to get a Dazzle 170 Platinum to install. I have a Sony HandyCam DCR-DVD108 that I need to use as a webcam. I have Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) and a laptop with an Ethernet Port, 2 USB Ports, Microphone Port, Headphone Jack, Mini Firewire, and VGA ports. I got a Dazzle 170 Platinum to give me 3-RCA ports, but it did not work with Windows 7 64-bit. I installed Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit inside windows (not using VirtualBox) to see what would happen. It doesn't even notice when I plug it in! I installed Cheese, but it didn't work either. Do I need to buy a new adapter to replace the Dazzle, or install new software. Any adapters have to be under $20 unless you are 100% sure it will work, then up to $40. I downloaded Wine to run virtual Windows Xp for the Dazzle software. Unfortunately, the Dazzle software was not executable for security reasons. How do I make it executable? :confused: