PDA

View Full Version : Happy 17th Birthday, DEBIAN!!

XubuRoxMySox
August 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Everybody sing! Debian (the base upon with Ubuntu and several other distros are built) is seventeen years old today!

Dear Debian,

Happy Birthday! You are awesome, powerful, versatile, and multi-faceted.

I like your Stable side for the desktop. Rock-solid, thoroughly tested. But your Testing side is a nice balance too! It's the tenative, baby-steps kinda side of you that reminds me of - well, me!

Oh but you also have an Unstable side - the "rolling," explorer part of you that makes the Stable part of you what it is. It's like high school! Where we learn new things hands-on for the first time.

But, like humanity itself, there's a dark, scary side to you too, Debian. Your Experimental side has been called "dangerous" and even "reckless." It's bold and brash and takes chances and um, pays the price alot for all that risk-taking. But - like humanity - don't be afraid or ashamed of your dark side, Debian! It's part of who you are, and it gives you strength! Besides, alot of your "darker" achievements find their way eventually to the most Stable part of you, to the great delight of everyone who knows you.

You are awesome, Debian! Happy birthday! Many more!

Love,
Robin

jc87
August 17th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Just two words:

Thank You

Remember without Debian there would be no Ubuntu.