PDA

View Full Version : ATI HD 4350 512MB DDR2/8600GT 512MB?(both 128 bit)

Steam.
August 16th, 2010, 07:22 PM
I wanna know which one is better, because i want to upgrade from a nVidia 6200.Not just for linux, for gaming in Windows too.

LowSky
August 16th, 2010, 09:17 PM
I'm not realy sure what is availible in Macedonia or the pricing, but you should really look to geting a more up to date video card.
Nvidia is 3 generations beyond the 8xxx series and ATI is making 5xxx cards these days, almost reay for the 6xxx generation

If you can Get a card with 1GB of RAM... trust me its well worth it! Especially in Gaming.

LowSky
August 16th, 2010, 09:18 PM
I'm not realy sure what is availible in Macedonia or the pricing, but you should really look to geting a more up to date video card.
Nvidia is 3 generations beyond the 8xxx series and ATI is making 5xxx cards these days, almost reay for the 6xxx generation

If you can Get a card with 1GB of RAM... trust me its well worth it! Especially in Gaming.

LowSky
August 16th, 2010, 09:20 PM
I'm not really sure what is available in Macedonia or the pricing, but you should really look to getting a more up to date video card.
Nvidia is 3 generations beyond the 8xxx series and ATI is making 5xxx cards these days, almost ready for the 6xxx generation

Steam.
August 17th, 2010, 09:33 AM
I'm not really looking for a that good graphics card, it's just an upgrade.

Also can somebody move this to the proper place, because no answers are getting here because of the random topics.

cascade9
August 17th, 2010, 10:02 AM
8600GT. The poor little 4350 never had a chance, the 8600GT is faster, everywhere.

I'm not really sure what is available in Macedonia or the pricing, but you should really look to getting a more up to date video card.
Nvidia is 3 generations beyond the 8xxx series and ATI is making 5xxx cards these days, almost ready for the 6xxx generation

Anything in the lower end video card range isnt going to push the resolution/AA/AF that 1GB helps with. Quite often, the lower edn cards will be GDDR3 for the 512MB version, then DDR2 for the 1GB version. Better to get 512MB of faster RAM than 1GB of slower RAM.

Zorgoth
August 17th, 2010, 03:26 PM
8600 GT is a faster card with better drivers.

However, I would recommend looking for a better card.

I don't know how it is over there, but here you can pick up a lot of cards that are better for under 75 USD - GT 220, GT 240, 9600 GT, Radeon HD 4670. If you play any 3D games at all, it will be worth the difference easily - most important thing is make sure the memory is fast - don't buy a card with DDR2, and prefer GDDR3-GDDR5 if you can get it.