PDA

View Full Version : lamest game show and why

chris200x9
August 16th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I was watching the price is right and "this is the lamest gameshow" popped into my head. So I thought why not create a thread. I'll start the price is right is the lamest gameshow because you more than likely end up with crap you don't want AND you have to pay taxes on them.

chriswyatt
August 17th, 2010, 02:53 AM
Deal Or No Deal. It's so lame that recently they've got everyone to dress in fancy dress to try and make it more interesting.

If you don't know what Deal Or No Deal is it's basically a game show where people randomly open boxes.

If I was a TV company and someone was trying to sell me this lousy excuse for a game show, I'd say no deal!

Ctrl-Alt-F1
August 17th, 2010, 02:56 AM
Deal Or No Deal. It's so lame that recently they've got everyone to dress in fancy dress to try and make it more interesting.

If you don't know what Deal Or No Deal is it's basically a game show where people randomly open boxes.

If I was a TV company and someone was trying to sell me this lousy excuse for a game show, I'd say no deal!

It's true. I'm sure it's made a ton of money though. It was very popular when it first came out. It is very very boring in retrospect.

Best game shows: Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!

marshmallow1304
August 17th, 2010, 06:26 AM
The one where they drop the prizes off a building. The waste is sickening.

Cant
August 17th, 2010, 10:24 AM
Anything American.

Sand & Mercury
August 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM

Yeah, Deal or No Deal was exactly what sprung into my mind first. At least in most game shows there's some kind of test of skill or knowledge involved, when the only kind of activity on the show is a fat American woman going "DURRRR I THINK THIS CASE HAS FIFTY GRAND IN IT", I find very little to keep me interested in what's going on. Generally game shows bore me to tears, but DOND is a whole different breed of boring.

Then again, since it was so popular, the problem is clearly that my tastes are just too high brow.

forrestcupp
August 17th, 2010, 12:54 PM
I was watching the price is right and "this is the lamest gameshow" popped into my head. So I thought why not create a thread. I'll start the price is right is the lamest gameshow because you more than likely end up with crap you don't want AND you have to pay taxes on them.What? The Price is Right is the baseline gameshow that all others are to be compared to.

Deal Or No Deal. It's so lame that recently they've got everyone to dress in fancy dress to try and make it more interesting.It's true that Deal or No Deal is a pretty lame excuse for a gameshow idea. But for some reason, it's addicting if you watch it.

The best gameshows are the Japanese ones. They're pretty funny.

gemmakaru
August 17th, 2010, 01:02 PM

Yep, another vote for this.

RiceMonster
August 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM

Agreed. Terrible show.

The best gameshows are the Japanese ones. They're pretty funny.

Have you seen human tetris? That's awesome.

Johnsie
August 17th, 2010, 01:49 PM
The weakest link has been on tv here every weekday for about 10 years. Borrrrrrrrrriinnnngggggg

Austin25
August 18th, 2010, 02:07 AM
Wheel of Fortune. They just tried to glorify hangman by putting a huge merry-go-round that you're not allowed to ride on in the middle.

johnb820
August 18th, 2010, 02:17 AM
Deal or No Deal first came to mind as well. And as I am reminded of the Price is Right, I am still left with the bitter taste that I will never get to play plinko in my lifetime.

I wish good game shows with charismatic hosts like Match Game or Pyramid were still on.

Khakilang
August 18th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I think "My dad is better than your dad". Seeing those middle age man battling out to each other to prove to their kids they are better father. Fatherhood is how you take care of your children.

mamamia88
August 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM
+1 for deal or no deal. family feud was pretty lame aswell with the guy from home improvement

forrestcupp
August 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
family feud was pretty lame aswell with the guy from home improvement

Family Feud was great with Richard Dawson, though. I saw one where he was mad about something and it seemed like he didn't know the camera was running. He just kept grumbling on and on about something.

andymorton
August 21st, 2010, 04:22 PM

Another vote for this. It's so awful!

corrytonapple
August 21st, 2010, 04:40 PM
The one where they drop the prizes off a building. The waste is sickening.
IT IS sick.

Groucho Marxist
August 21st, 2010, 04:46 PM
It's true. I'm sure it's made a ton of money though. It was very popular when it first came out. It is very very boring in retrospect.

Best game shows: Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy!

I disagree on "Wheel of Fortune." They never explain the rules because it's a glorified version of the game hangman.