PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu installer says no Win OS installed

currajong
August 16th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hello All,

I am attempting to install 32 bit ubuntu 10.04-i386.iso from boot on a Windows XP Pro standalone desktop PC. I have unused hard drive partitions available for the ubuntu installation.

At one point the installation dialog box informs me that there is no OS installed on the PC, and the installation program does not correctly indicate the existing Windows hard drive partitions. At that point I abort the installation process.

Can anyone advise me how to proceed from this point. I am an old MSoft OS user from way back - I started when DOS was all that there was. I am a complete novice however where Ubuntu is concerned.

All help gratefully received.

Thank you.

Regards,

currajong

sikander3786
August 16th, 2010, 08:48 AM
At one point the installation dialog box informs me that there is no OS installed on the PC, and the installation program does not correctly indicate the existing Windows hard drive partitions. At that point I abort the installation process.

Hi.

Do you want to dual boot or just install Ubuntu? What is the partition table of your drive? How many partitions are there and how much free space is available?