View Full Version : [ubuntu] 10.04 LTS + Flash PLayer 10 + Chromium = :o(

August 16th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hi there,

I tried to sort it out myself but I give up. Tried many of things suggested around the forums but no luck.
Evidently I am more than new to Ubuntu so be gentle.
First, I seem to have very little choice in which web browser I can use. Firefox is no go but Chrome, Chromium and Midori are OK to play with me. Same with email clients: Evolution no go but Kmail OK. That's not really a problem.
My problem is that I do not seem able to install a Flash player that will work in a web browser. It seems to be installed (according to Ubuntu Software Center) but when I try to play a youtube (for example) video, I got a message to install the player and get directed to Adobe page that tells me it is installed... and round, round we go!
Any idea?
Thank you in advance.

August 16th, 2010, 08:34 PM
In /home/[your user]/.mozilla/plugins/ you got the file directory where you can copy over the libflashplayer.so which you get by downloading the flash player directly from the Adobe homepage.

I'm sure there's a simpler solution than this, but then you need to wait for someone else to reply in this thread. :)

(B.t.w. I'm not sure about the solution for Chrome, but it could be that it's included in the browser package..)