PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] c# programming for totem

n3cr0
August 16th, 2010, 12:31 AM
okay so this is my first post, sorry if it seems brutal to read :-s

but anyways i got this great idea to write a program to automatically keep track of what my totem player was playing and write the input of my playlist into a txt file recently i been studying c# so i figured that this would be a great start

the problem is i cant seem to find the function to scan totem for the playlist (maybe its a bit out of my league i seem to be a newbie w/ programming) but i figured hey worst comes to worst use the system function and run a terminal command .,. problem is i cant seem to find a terminal command to save the playlist .,. if anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciate

GregBrannon
August 16th, 2010, 02:54 AM
Break the problem down into small pieces. It sounds like you need to know the 'currently playing' item in totem. Can that be saved to a play list? (How does the player know what to play?) If totem doesn't have the option to write/save the currently playing track to a file, you may have to get the source code to totem to understand what's going on and how to modify it and/or exploit it to do what you want to do.

No, this isn't a beginner's programming exercise, but it could be something to work towards as you learn the basics.

n3cr0
August 16th, 2010, 04:50 AM
after mulling over your response a bit you actually gave me a great idea and made a few other programs in the process thank you kindly for your response :)