PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wifi

August 15th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Hello, I am not very computer savvy, -_- , My neighbors or some people or a person, is/are using my internet, I think they're using some sort of wifi, but I don't have a wireless internet, I am using a wired internet and i also put in a password after my last internet bill. So yeah... I believe someone is using my internet. Just how the hell is this happening? Be as detailed as possible please... and any tips tricks or methods, to stopping this threat?

howefield
August 15th, 2010, 12:40 AM
If you have a wireless capable router, check the documentation for it and secure it. And talk to your service provider.

August 15th, 2010, 12:42 AM
If you have a wireless capable router, check the documentation for it and secure it. And talk to your service provider.

All I know is that I have a hard wired router, define checking documentation? and how do i secure it... ?? and k, i'll talk to my service provider... i checked my laptop, i see my INTERNET and my neighbours.... soooo... does this mean i have a wireless capable router? cause i still don't get it.

NCLI
August 15th, 2010, 12:46 AM
I have a router, define checking documentation? and how do i secure it... ?? and k, i'll talk to my service provider

Could you please post the model name of your router? It should be somewhere on it, probably on the bottom.

f6e9a
August 15th, 2010, 12:49 AM
go to places --> network

to see all the computers in ur network

Hope that helps,

f6e9a

August 15th, 2010, 12:54 AM
hmm.. i'm rather lazy, and i hate moving around -.- ... i think i solved my own question by looking at the first comment/answer -.-, sorry for wasting all of your time, and f6e9a the comment of network:/// or places, and network, i can't mount i ?? !? =( o well