PDA

View Full Version : it was on my mind..

nutellajunkie
August 14th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Windows and OSx is for people you went to school with.

Ubuntu Linux is for people you wished you went to school with.

Bachstelze
August 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Oh, look, it's this thread again...

nutellajunkie
August 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
oh well arent I bloody sorry.. did you even have to reply?

ApocalypeX
August 14th, 2010, 09:24 PM
So true.

murderslastcrow
August 14th, 2010, 10:06 PM
T^T Oh, the terrible, mighty, and awesome accuracy of that statement! My childhood is now a dark shadow over the technologically-oriented parts of my brain. Alas, we are only human beings.

mkendall
August 15th, 2010, 02:34 AM
No. For me, Ag and Autoshop was for the people I went to school with.

TheNerdAL
August 15th, 2010, 02:42 AM
For me it was mainly Windows, but maybe about .0189% of them used Mac. :)

NightwishFan
August 15th, 2010, 03:57 AM
My elementary school used Mac Os 9, (the bondi blue kind). After that it was all all Win95/98/2k. I have never seen Vista and above anywhere.

If I went to a school now I would use Ubuntu and I would not take classes that required Windows.

cj.surrusco
August 15th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Oh, look, it's this thread again...

Oh, look, it's this post again.

Legendary_Bibo
August 15th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Oh, look, it's this post again.

Oh, look, Nutella...yum.

murderslastcrow
August 15th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Thinking back, the first personal computer I interacted with had Windows 98 in my home, but the first OS I ever actually experienced was all throughout elementary school- Macs. All Mac OS 9 for so long. Even in Jr. High we had some Macs... HOLY CRAP, I just realized that was about a year before OS X came out. It seems like yesterday, but it was when Macs were moldy... my goodness... I made my first boomerang BEFORE OS X!? *brain explodes*

But yeah, outside of the 3d computers, all the design classes used Macs in my high school, and there were a few Macs in the student labs as well. So really, my life has been influenced by Apple far more than I'm willing to admit, as I never paid them very close attention until I ditched Vista for Linux.

It's amusing to find that all the Windows users I know hate Windows, and the Mac users I know defend it blindly while complaining about iTunes and the DRM all over the place.

I just realized how much Linux really has freed my digital life. I don't have anything to complain about anymore.

KiwiNZ
August 15th, 2010, 04:48 AM
It was on my mind that
It was really on my mind
this was made for those who went to school with lock smiths

See

Its got locks