PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Anyone else have this problem with Chrome Browser?

Windows Nerd
August 14th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Hey all,

Since I have recently installed Chromium on my new box (Due to it's better startup speed, crash protection, and other things) I have noticed a particular problem: the sound in Chrome stops working after it has been up for about 1-2 hours. The rest of the browser works flawlessly. The only current fix is to restart the browser, but doing that is just simply annoying (because I have to log into several tabs, ect.).

Does anyone else have this same problem (and know a proper fix for it for that matter)? I have Googled around though with no avail.

I am using Chrome version 5.0.375.125.

Scott

jaycee23
August 14th, 2010, 07:05 PM
Currently using Chrome on 9.10 without any issues.
My version is 6.0.493.0 (55976) Ubuntu 9.10
Try updating?

elliotn
August 14th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Try updating +1

Windows Nerd
August 15th, 2010, 12:00 AM
Try updating +1

Arch says it is "up-to date". So much for being the cutting edge distro (or so they claim!).

Do you use the one from the daily builds SVN?

rburkartjo
August 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM
wind do you have the ppa enabled for chromium i am running

6.0.494.0 (56122) Ubuntu 10.04

and have no probems
this browser rocks

Windows Nerd
August 15th, 2010, 02:35 AM
wind do you have the ppa enabled for chromium i am running

6.0.494.0 (56122) Ubuntu 10.04

and have no probems
this browser rocks
Mind linking to the PPA? Google has problems finding it...

Edit: Okay, now I find it.

bodhi.zazen
August 15th, 2010, 04:21 AM
Hey all,

Since I have recently installed Chromium on my new box (Due to it's better startup speed, crash protection, and other things) I have noticed a particular problem: the sound in Chrome stops working after it has been up for about 1-2 hours. The rest of the browser works flawlessly. The only current fix is to restart the browser, but doing that is just simply annoying (because I have to log into several tabs, ect.).

Does anyone else have this same problem (and know a proper fix for it for that matter)? I have Googled around though with no avail.

I am using Chrome version 5.0.375.125.

Scott

Some people have sound problem with Chromium. Hope an update helps.

Jazzy_Jeff
August 15th, 2010, 04:41 AM
I use Google Chrome, the non free version. I watch videos and listen to music all the time with no problems. I have used Chromium in the past and had issues with it crashing a bit. That was a while back though.

murderslastcrow
August 15th, 2010, 06:35 AM
As no one here seems to be able to reproduce the issue, it may be wise to file a bug report, and see if anyone else has submitted a similar bug report, and what version they were on. If an update doesn't fix it, or using the stable version won't work, then it may be related to your sound.

Of course, I'll look around in the meantime for any extra information I can scrounge up.

P.S. Also, if the sound playback is in Flash, it may be a Flash-related issue. Try going to wikipedia and playing an embedded OGG, which uses HTML rather than Flash to play, and see if that works. This would mean the issue is most likely related to Flash.

xangua
August 15th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Arch says it is "up-to date". So much for being the cutting edge distro (or so they claim!).

Do you use the one from the daily builds SVN?

then are you running ubuntu or arch┐ :S

Windows Nerd
August 15th, 2010, 07:03 PM
then are you running ubuntu or arch┐ :S

Arch, but I posted here due to faster feedback (and I thought this was a chrome not distro-specific issue.

I have done my research though, and there is a bug report filed on chrome's bug system. It seems to be related to flash, not Chromium, by the looks of it.

Anyways, now I know that some people are having problems with it, thread now marks as solved. Thanks everyone ;)

Scott