PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need help with installing Online Games

and1z360
August 14th, 2010, 09:10 AM
hi, i am new to Ubuntu and i need help with some stuff. recently, i downloaded the first step of a game, called 'Maplestory', and then when i moved on to the next step, which is double-clicking the NexonGameManager (NGM, the first step of the download) from the download box, this thing shows up :

Archive: /home/user/Downloads/NexonGameManager.exe
[/home/user/Downloads/NexonGameManager.exe]
End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
the last disk(s) of this archive.
zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/user/Downloads/NexonGameManager.exe or
/home/user/Downloads/NexonGameManager.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/user/Downloads/NexonGameManager.exe.ZIP, period.

Does anyone know how to solve it, if u do, i appreciate it, and thxu:)

Old_Grey_Wolf
August 14th, 2010, 07:30 PM
I assume you are trying to play it with WINE since it is a game for the Windows operating system.

Specs4
August 14th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Well first, Ubuntu cannot run .exe files, but there is something called Wine that allows you to.
You can find out more about Wine at http://www.winehq.org/
But even with Wine it may not work because Maplestory is incompatible with Ubuntu, but there are still some ways to install it on a Virtual OS, using programs like VMware or VirtualBox to run Windows inside of Ubuntu just like running any other application on Ubuntu. You can find out how to do this by simply Google searching "Maplestory on Ubuntu" and you will find plenty of ways.