PDA

View Full Version : Best electronic toothbrush?

murderslastcrow
August 14th, 2010, 06:55 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/01/22/toothbrush.king/ Why not make them electric, too?

I'm looking for an electronic toothbrush that will last me a long time, but also performs well. I've gone through a few really cheap ones, but I'd much rather get a device that'll last me for years with only head replacements.

Anyone have good experiences with certain brands, or advice on what to buy?

handy
August 14th, 2010, 07:08 AM
We've been using Braun for many years. They use wireless technology to recharge the inbuilt battery.

They aren't the cheapest to purchase but they seem to just keep on keeping on.

Also, (another thought occurred) the battery lasts for about 2 weeks before it needs charging which is handy if you go away for less than that amount of time as you don't need to take the charger with you.

murderslastcrow
August 14th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Thanks for the tip! :D That might be just what I'm looking for.

GregBrannon
August 14th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I was late to the electric toothbrush party and have had dental problems my whole life. Though my dental problems are due partly to just having bad teeth - genetics - I'm sure my personal dental hygiene was partly to blame.

After a less than stellar checkup, my dentist recommended the Philips Sonicare ~10 years ago, so I got one. I've had the same one since and have also convinced my family members to get one or have given them as presents. The initial expense is not cheap, and the replacement heads aren't cheap, but both the handle and the heads have good life. I still have the same handle, and the heads have gone from recommended 6-month replacement to 3-months, though I stretch that out.

I get great checkups now. The hygienists rave about how little they have to do during my semi-annual cleanings, and I have had no new significant dental problems, none actually, since switching to the Sonicare. I also floss daily, but I did that before the toothbrush change.

I travel frequently, usually less than a week at a time but have gone for as long as 2 weeks. I never take my charger with me, and I've never had a dead handle.

I have no personal experience with Braun, and I can't say that Sonicare is any better than Braun, but I highly recommend the Sonicare from my own personal experience.

(I won't personally benefit in any way if you choose to buy a Sonicare.)

drawkcab
August 14th, 2010, 08:34 PM
Phillips Sonicare. They are expensive but they have a great warranty.

Austin25
August 14th, 2010, 08:52 PM
I don't know what to say; I use a simple, regular toothbrush.

TheNerdAL
August 14th, 2010, 09:01 PM
In 20 years or so the best electronic toothbush will be a machine that does the brushing for ya! :P

npdgroupindore
August 17th, 2010, 12:41 PM
:D
This is for all the forum members !

As this is the new product launched and I just want to introduce this on forum
specially for the electronics crazy forums.

This, I got after the extensive research on internet and I think that they are good and affordable.

Please have a look if it suits you. Thanks for the cooperation
BH320 (http://www.chinabuye.com/superior-sound-and-comfortable-bluetooth-wireless-headset-bh-320)