PDA

View Full Version : GOOD Company / BAD Company...!!!

robertcoulson
August 14th, 2010, 01:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone else can see the way I see a Company, it is either GOOD or BAD....Here are my experiences.

GOOD Company
Kingston USB drive Company

My 16GB USB failed...
Packing to sent it back..............Kingston paid for that
Shipping charges.....................Kingston paid for that
Packaging to ship new one to me.....Kingston paid for that
Shipping the new one to me...........Kingston paid for that
And Kingston got my replacement to me from Texas to Ontario Canada within 5 working days....WOW

BAD Company
Lexmark printer Company

My Lexmark printer did not work on Ubuntu...No problem, called Lexmark and they said sorry, but they would give me a coupon for 25% off my next printer...Cool...Called the number they gave me and they said I live in Canada and it was only valid in the USA (nothing against USA)but Lexmark is a CANADIAN COMPANY and I live in CANADA...Something is not right here.

Robert

oldsoundguy
August 14th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Kingston .. GREAT company. I buy only Kingston memory off of eBay. Buy the "not tested" stuff.(it sells for about 25 cents on the dollar. If it works when I get it, fine .. if NOT, a quick call to Kingston to get an RMA number and off it goes. Get a brand new one back and it cost me 1/4 of list!

Lexmark is a Wednesday company. Printer plant is in Kentucky next to all the distilleries. Monday and Tuesday the workers are hung over and do sloppy work, Thursday and Friday the are setting up their plans to get drunk for the weekend. Hence .. anything made on Wednesday MAY be OK .. the other days of the week are a crap shoot! LOL

And their stuff is just re-badged as DELL printers!!

wojox
August 14th, 2010, 01:52 AM
So pretty much their going to make you take a road trip to Minnesota to save 25%. Classic. :confused: