PDA

View Full Version : research paper on ubuntu

cardiel.daniel
August 14th, 2010, 01:01 AM
im doing a research paper on ubuntu for a class, i want to use a quote for someone that has been in the industry for awhile and uses ubuntu. i wanted to use a real person rather then just quote out of our class book. just need a name, how long you have been using ubuntu, and what you like about it. thanks for your time

corrytonapple
August 14th, 2010, 01:42 AM
May not be using it long enough but know a lot about it.....
I have been using Ubuntu for two months and love how it is fast, stable, secure and customizable.

Anyway, I prefer not to post my name, so will this work as a quote?

I have been using Ubuntu for over two months and love how it is fast, stable, secure and customizable.
--Corrytonapple
--ubuntuforums.com--

drs305
August 14th, 2010, 01:45 AM
cardiel.daniel,

Welcome to Ubuntu.

I've moved this thread out of our Beginner's support forum and into the Cafe, where you should find many users happy to comment on their Ubuntu experiences.

corrytonapple
August 14th, 2010, 01:48 AM
corrytonapple,

Welcome to Ubuntu.

I've moved this thread out of our Beginner's support forum and into the Cafe, where you should find many users happy to comment on their Ubuntu experiences.
Thanks. Yes, this is where this thread belongs.:P Thanks. I love Ubuntu. Seems I have gotten good at it.....
Also, your GRUB guide is excellent.:KS

earthpigg
August 14th, 2010, 02:09 AM
My name is Chris, I've been using Ubuntu since 2007. My immediate family and many of my friends are quite happy with Ubuntu. I'm happy because I get far fewer phone calls to fix things randomly breaking, and they are happy because things don't break nearly as often.

There are other reasons, but as the Family Nerd and the more-or-less Designated Nerd within my circle of friends, that was my primary motivation.

EDIT: oops, im not 'in the industry'. I'm a college student. Unless doing my part to put geek squad & other similar predators out of business qualifies me?

Dustin2128
August 14th, 2010, 02:13 AM
my name is the same as my login.
I've been using various distributions of linux since late 2007, and enjoy the ability to view and change every single part of my operating system greatly. I do believe that any school or business with an open mind can swap to ubuntu or almost any other distribution with minimal difficulty.

Zzl1xndd
August 14th, 2010, 02:39 AM
I have been using Linux since 2002, and Ubuntu since 2006.

What I like about Ubuntu/Linux is freedom and versatility. I never feel like I am working on my computer more that I am working with it.

I started using Ubuntu/Linux because I wanted to learn and it taught me far more then I expected.

linux18
August 14th, 2010, 02:50 AM
my name is seth, I'm 18 and I have been using ubuntu since 8.04. Before ubuntu, I was always curious about how computers work and how to program them, but I couldn't 'see' what windows was doing when I opened programs. I regularly switched to ms-dos because it felt closer to the actual hardware. ever since I switched OS's, I feel much more in tune with my computer hardware and have even begun programming in my spare time.