PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] BlackBerry MicroSD USB issue!

jshuford
August 13th, 2010, 02:35 PM
I am not sure as to what I've done. but here it goes...

Until now when-ever I plug-in my BlackBerry to my PC a dialog used to appear on my screen giving me a series of options that I can utilize to access my MicroSD memory card within my BlackBerry... Options such as opening a picture editor, browsing the MicroSD card or simply doing nothing!

Now it seems that Ubuntu is not aware that a memory card has been connected!

I am pissing in the wind here, but here goes... This only happens when I connect my BlackBerry to my machine not when the memory card is taken out of my BlackBerry and connected to my PC through the use of a Flash Adapter!

For some reason i think Ubuntu is accessing my BlackBerry incorrectly!

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

p.s. Yes the BlackBerry is receiving power and IS charging while connected to my PC...
:/

sydbat
August 13th, 2010, 04:14 PM
I am not sure as to what I've done. but here it goes...

Until now when-ever I plug-in my BlackBerry to my PC a dialog used to appear on my screen giving me a series of options that I can utilize to access my MicroSD memory card within my BlackBerry... Options such as opening a picture editor, browsing the MicroSD card or simply doing nothing!

Now it seems that Ubuntu is not aware that a memory card has been connected!

I am pissing in the wind here, but here goes... This only happens when I connect my BlackBerry to my machine not when the memory card is taken out of my BlackBerry and connected to my PC through the use of a Flash Adapter!

For some reason i think Ubuntu is accessing my BlackBerry incorrectly!

ANY help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

p.s. Yes the BlackBerry is receiving power and IS charging while connected to my PC...
:/Maybe the setting on your Blackberry allowing it to interface as a separate drive was reset? Under "Options" (the wrench thingy), go to Memory and check the settings. They should be "On", "None", "On", "On", "Yes".

jshuford
August 13th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you for your response, but that didn't seem to solve the problem...

I may have inadvertently changed how Ubuntu accesses the phone by trying to create a USB modem connection!

Is there a way to "reset" the USB settings within Ubuntu so that devices are returned to a "default" connection?

sydbat
August 13th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Thank you for your response, but that didn't seem to solve the problem...

I may have inadvertently changed how Ubuntu accesses the phone by trying to create a USB modem connection!

Is there a way to "reset" the USB settings within Ubuntu so that devices are returned to a "default" connection?I do not know. I think they are pretty well one-setting-fits-all.

TNT1
August 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM
I agree with that other dude, it sounds like a bastardberry setting gone wrong, not an ubuntu one.