PDA

View Full Version : A New UF Social Group: Performing Artists

XubuRoxMySox
August 13th, 2010, 02:18 AM
I know the UF social groups have generally fallen into disuse, but just for fun anyway, and because there wasn't one (until now), I created one for performing artists:

http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=809

Band/orchestra members, singers, actors, dancers, anyone in the performing arts (and wannbes). Even if you work backstage or run a spotlight or other stuff behind the scenes, you're a special part of the performance too.

I didn't find a social group for swimmers either, but maybe that's asking too much, lol. Anyway I just wanted to let folks know. The UF social groups are way under-used. But who knows, you might make a new friend or two!

Hopefully,
Robin

Naiki Muliaina
August 13th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Not sure how they work, UF groups i mean.

Also not sure if I am stretching performing arts to far but a group I run in Second Life write and perform storys on stage in ingame theatres. Guess that kinda means I can join your group right? :P

Zoot7
August 13th, 2010, 01:21 PM
Joined it. ;)

My Youtube channel (in my sig) is where I've the majority of the stuff I've done lately.

XubuRoxMySox
August 13th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Not sure how they work, UF groups i mean.

They're usually kinda lame, but they have alot of potential to be fun! One can hope, anyway...

Also not sure if I am stretching performing arts too far but a group I run in Second Life write and perform stories on stage in in-game theatres. Guess that kinda means I can join your group right? :P

Sure! All with any interest in the performing arts are welcome!

-Robin

laurasp
January 10th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Joined ... :)

RiceMonster
January 10th, 2011, 08:41 PM
I'll join. I've been a musician as a hobby for around 8 years now. Mostly play guitar, but I also play drums, bass and keys.