PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] About ATI Radeon drivers

mtrcurse
August 13th, 2010, 12:52 AM
hi dear users i have an ATI Radeon Rx 9550 grap card and i downloaded ati linux driver for my card and then some fails occured to install it. after the few resarch of i found
and ive read some documents at the https://help.ubuntu.com/community/RadeonDriver
so i understand thats if that not wrong
my graphic card not support the linux therefore ubuntu set fglrx as default
and some document about how to configure your graph setting in otherways
one of em typing to terminal
1.) sudo vim /etc/X11/xorg.conf
or
2.) sudo nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf

first one is showed nothing then i try 2nd one show nothing wihout the menu items at the bottom of window
which is ^G"Get help" ^X"Exit".....like that
is that mean no way to config my grap card's desktop resulotion refresh rate and others

Thanks.

Wisp558
August 13th, 2010, 12:54 AM
If you have the ATI fglrx drivers, you should have the Catalyst Control Center somewhere. Probably in the system menu. You should use that.

mtrcurse
August 13th, 2010, 01:12 AM
so i forgot to post my os version is Ubuntu 10.04 also latest version also there is nothing listing in the Hardware Drivers section in the system menu
how could i install CCC ? offical site of ati doesnt provide CCC softaware apart from the driver pack...if u visit u will see only pack for linux
altough i tried installing that then i got some error message on the terminal about distro version not support like that (i dont remember exactly) but also i ve search for it and that mean was only dirver for linux at the offical site of ati doesnt compatible with my card any other way or what do suggest as u can see im new on the linux ubuntu

thanx