PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installed Ubuntu side-by-side Win7; Where's win7??

kespindler
August 12th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hey all,

I just installed ubuntu on my new computer alongside the windows partition that came installed. (It's an eeepc with a 250gb HD, it came with 2 visible ~125gb partitions, i'm not sure if there were more hidden). I installed ubuntu with the 'side-by-side' option, that was supposed to leave existing partitions unharmed.

Long story short, I don't get an option to boot into windows during bootup. (I also end up booting ubuntu when I press the expressgate os button. If that could be fixed that would be awesome, but frankly, ubuntu boots so fast that I don't really need a instant-on os. :-) )

Anyone know what's up, how I can get into windows (in the rare occasion I'll ever want to use it?)

Thanks,

Kurt

wilee-nilee
August 12th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Hey all,

I just installed ubuntu on my new computer alongside the windows partition that came installed. (It's an eeepc with a 250gb HD, it came with 2 visible ~125gb partitions, i'm not sure if there were more hidden). I installed ubuntu with the 'side-by-side' option, that was supposed to leave existing partitions unharmed.

Long story short, I don't get an option to boot into windows during bootup. (I also end up booting ubuntu when I press the expressgate os button. If that could be fixed that would be awesome, but frankly, ubuntu boots so fast that I don't really need a instant-on os. :-) )

Anyone know what's up, how I can get into windows (in the rare occasion I'll ever want to use it?)

Thanks,

Kurt

Post the bootscript in my signature in code tags as described.

I have no idea what this is, expressgate os button.

tmos22
August 12th, 2010, 11:39 PM
This should hep

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Reinstalling%20from%20LiveCD