PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't see any window

kismeras
August 12th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Hey Guys,

I was playing with window transparency in Compiz and i accidentally made everything transparent. Is there a keyboard shortcut or something to undo those changes? I can't see any window, so i can't do it via the terminal or compiz. Help please.

realzippy
August 12th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Hit ALT+F2,
and type blindly:

metacity --replace &

and hit enter,which will stop compiz.Then you could change compiz settings back..

kismeras
August 12th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hit ALT+F2,
and type blindly:

metacity --replace &

and hit enter,which will stop compiz.Then you could change compiz settings back..

Awesome...thanks for the help. I ended up rebooting the pc by doing ctrl+Alt+Del.....that shut the laptop down after 30 seconds or so. Then when i rebooted i chose recovery mode then low graphics mode. I then undid my compiz changes and rebooted. Your way sounds quicker, but i was freaking out not being able to see anything.

I love the Linux community....everyone is always so helpful. Thanks again.

realzippy
August 12th, 2010, 11:34 AM
So set thread as solved (Threadtools)...btw,when pressing ALT and rotating mousewheel (Cursor must be on a window),opacity in/decreases also.

kismeras
August 12th, 2010, 11:36 AM
So set thread as solved (Threadtools)...btw,when pressing ALT and rotating mousewheel (Cursor must be on a window),opacity in/decreases also.

Nice...gotta remember the mouse wheel option. Thanks again.