PDA

View Full Version : BP Critic Matt Simmons Found Dead:

handy
August 12th, 2010, 06:33 AM
Here is a sad story for those who are attracted to conspiracies to feed on...

BP Critic Matt Simmons Found Dead

Meta-Oceanic Research
Aug 10, 2010

Matt Simmons, famous for his controversial criticisms of BP and calls for full disclosure regarding the true nature of the oil disaster in the Gulf, is dead.

The Knox County Sheriff’s Department says Matthew Simmons, the founder of the Ocean Energy Institute, drowned at his house on North Haven late Sunday night.

Simmons was a leading investment banker for the energy industry and had recently retired to work full time on the new Ocean Energy Institute.

He was a leading proponent of offshore wind power and had started raising money to develop and build offshore turbines.

http://www.infowars.com/bp-critic-matt-simmons-found-dead/

cj.surrusco
August 12th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Well that sure is intriguing...

Found some more info on this here:

http://www.examiner.com/x-33986-Political-Spin-Examiner~y2010m8d11-Matt-Simmons-CIA-BP-conspiracy-theory-suggested-behind-his-unexpected-death

It's pretty clear why the US would want to shut this guy up.

handy
August 12th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Hmm... We'll never know how clean or dirty the circumstances of this players death were. Which is so very hard on the family & those close to him.

murderslastcrow
August 12th, 2010, 08:06 AM
Of all ways to die, too. Seems a bit off-kilter.

Khakilang
August 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM
The thing people do for money.

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Heart attack in hot water is not uncommon.The heart rate is increased by the heat which can cause a cardiac incident.

Lucradia
August 12th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Of all ways to die, too. Seems a bit off-kilter.

Not really, He was in "hot water."

eh heh heh...

ZarathustraDK
August 12th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Heart-attack from bath-tubbing is a common thing among elderly people. Blood-pressure and heart-rate changes dramatically when you enter and exit the tub due to temperature and pressure-differencesæ.

handy
August 12th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Heart attack in hot water is not uncommon.The heart rate is increased by the heat which can cause a cardiac incident.

I already posted this (I thought, must have hit the wrong button... again! doh!):

Magnesium has an amazing effect on the health & stability of our hearts.

If you don't believe me (& I expect that most of you don't :)) have a sauna & take note of how high your heart rate gets, then get a hold of a high quality magnesium supplement take it before your next sauna & check your heart rate? The difference is like chalk & cheese. When you see it for the first time it will blow your mind like it did mine. :D

We obviously all(?) need more magnesium if we want to live longer & not suffer the oh so common heart failures.

KiwiNZ
August 12th, 2010, 11:23 AM
We have Spa pool and if I stay in longer than the recommended 20 minutes there is a marked increase in the heart.

The Spa is fantastic therapy for my disability so are you saying that magnesium helps the heart in these circumstances.

However a moderate heart rate increase is good for you.

Legendary_Bibo
August 12th, 2010, 11:33 AM
It is a little suspicious.

handy
August 12th, 2010, 11:46 AM
We have Spa pool and if I stay in longer than the recommended 20 minutes there is a marked increase in the heart.

The Spa is fantastic therapy for my disability so are you saying that magnesium helps the heart in these circumstances.

However a moderate heart rate increase is good for you.

Mike whether you know it or not by now I love you. :)

If there was only one thing I could tell you that would benefit your health & longevity it is this: Find the best magnesium supplement you can & take it every day for the rest of your life.

You have the heated pool to test what I am saying so please do, & after you have get back to us. If you do it will be a verification that just might help some others.

Magnesium is magic for our hearts (amongst other bits of us). :)

Johnsie
August 12th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Not as suspicious as the deaths of David Kelly and Robin Cook, two critics of the Iraq war who died at a very convenient time for Tony Blair, or the death of Princess Diana who was causing embarassment to the British royal family just before her death. And let's not forget Michael Jackson just before that massive serious of concerts he was just about to perform. Maybe someone realised he was not up to it and pulled the plug.

The thing is, if you're a problem to those who have power or money then you can die and they will make it look like an accident or medical thing.

Tristam Green
August 12th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Infowars = hilarity wrapped in tinfoil.

I've passed out in the shower before from it being so hot. Cardiac infarctions brought on by hot water aren't far-fetched at all.

t0p
August 12th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Infowars = hilarity wrapped in tinfoil.

When I read the post saying he'd drowned at home, I was going to ask what he'd drowned in. I had a vision of the guy discovered in an oil barrel with his tongue cut off. I guess the water kind of invalidates my theory though.

I've passed out in the shower before from it being so hot. Cardiac infarctions brought on by hot water aren't far-fetched at all.

So if you wanted to kill someone but make it look like natural causes, the tub would be a good place to do it, right? A bit less suspicious than a barrel of oil.

Johnsie
August 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
One thing I know for sure is that Alex Jones (infowars) sure makes alot of money selling his DVD's to paranoid people. He makes a living taking money from people who are insecure. It's very easy to take a simple fact and twist it to suit your own agenda. Michael Moore used similar techniques to manipulate the truth in the movie Farenheit 9/11. Those deceits are exposed here: http://www.davekopel.org/terror/59Deceits.pdf

Conspiracy theories are big business ;-)

MooPi
August 12th, 2010, 01:23 PM
This is all fantastic news for someone that has a strenuous job during the hot summer months and a heart condition. Ughhhh :-( I better go out and get some magnesium.

PuddingKnife
August 12th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Mathew Simmons was one of the good ones. Mike Ruppert wrote some kind words about him..

http://collapsenet.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=186:matthew-simmons-1943-%E2%80%93-2010&Itemid=130

Tristam Green
August 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM
When I read the post saying he'd drowned at home, I was going to ask what he'd drowned in. I had a vision of the guy discovered in an oil barrel with his tongue cut off. I guess the water kind of invalidates my theory though.

Water does tend to put a kink in those sort of things.

So if you wanted to kill someone but make it look like natural causes, the tub would be a good place to do it, right? A bit less suspicious than a barrel of oil.

Yes, t0p. That's *exactly* what I'm saying. You have me figured out, oh noes.

handy
August 12th, 2010, 02:11 PM
There surely is no lack of lack of respect here. :( For whatever reason the poor bastard carked it too soon. (in my book anyway)

May he rest in piece.

gnomeuser
August 12th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I will wait for the evidence to be compiled, some people unfortunately just do occasionally die suddenly: heart attacks, aneurismes.. life simply is filled with hidden dangers. Suspecting foul play at this point seems more than a bit premature.

My thoughts go out to his loved ones.

forrestcupp
August 12th, 2010, 03:16 PM
So I guess the US government secretly caused the oil leak to give us a good reason to ban off shore drilling. This guy wanted to get to the bottom of it and he was about to expose the government, so they offed him before he could do it. Naturally, everyone will think that BP is the culprit, so the US government gets out free.

:lolflag:

edit: the emoticon is not meant to disrespect Mr. Simmons, but to make light of conspiracy theories.

mickie.kext
August 12th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Lets use the same reasoning that is used by MS/Apple/whatever apologists to defend Microsoft/Apple/whatever when they do evil, and then see if it sticks:

BP is a company so they are allowed to do anything to make money and increase shareholder's value. If they need to kill people and destroy planet's ecology, that's fine as long is in the name of business and capitalism. It is all about money, ethics doesn't have a place in business.

It fails just as same as always, when used to defend any other wrongdoing by any other company. But yet, people keep using that reasoning to defend those who shouldn't be defended.

RiceMonster
August 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM
Lets use the same reasoning that is used by MS/Apple/whatever apologists to defend Microsoft/Apple/whatever when they do evil, and then see if it sticks:

BP is a company so they are allowed to do anything to make money and increase shareholder's value. If they need to kill people and destroy planet's ecology, that's fine as long is in the name of business and capitalism. It is all about money, ethics doesn't have a place in business.

It fails just as same as always, when used to defend any other wrongdoing by any other company. But yet, people keep using that reasoning to defend those who shouldn't be defended.

*sigh*

Must you argue about Micorosft in EVERY thread?

Mahngiel
August 12th, 2010, 04:12 PM

Though initially is true, what you fail to mention is that after the initial sensory shock of the temperature, the hot water actually dilates the blood vessels so your heart doesn't have to work so hard - thus reducing the occurrence of a heart atack which is caused by lack of blood to the heart. Hydrotherapy is widely used and sponsored.

cariboo
August 12th, 2010, 07:14 PM
Closed by request.