PDA

View Full Version : Username disable/merge.

credomane
August 12th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Here's what happened. I had no idea this forum even existed. The only way I thought might work to get a name change was to use the "contact us" link at the bottom of each page. I did this twice and received no response what so ever.

Today I finally decided to create this account and put into the signature of this account a link to the other account and visa-verse.

Iowan (http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=65323) saw my signature and was so kind as to PM me with a link to this forum and ask that I request for my old account be disabled.

I was wondering if it would be possible to merge the two accounts so that I maintain my old threads + posts. If that isn't possible I formally request for my old account to be set to "disabled". I'll post from it in a second as "proof" that is it really my old account.

credomane
August 12th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Hmmm....It would seem I can't reply to this thread from that account. Did it get disabled already or is that something to do with this forum in particular.

credomane
August 12th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Can't even edit my first post this sub-forum is on quite the lock-down isn't it.

Here is the topic I had to create with my old account since I could not replay to this thread from it.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1551014

Must say I really hate having to spam the forum like this. :/
At least this is my last post in either of these threads until I get a response. haha

credomane
August 12th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Bah. I'm blind and didn't see the sticky. Guess disabling the old account is the only option. Oh well.

What does it all mean for an account to be a "disabled account"?
I'm sure there is a link somewhere but my eyes are failing me atm and google hates me this week (completely irreverent search results).

bodhi.zazen
August 12th, 2010, 03:26 AM
We do not delete accounts as doing so can cause problems with the database.

Same with merging accounts.

So I disabled your old account. Disabled means you can not use it and your personal information was removed.

Have fun =)