PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Minimizing

accodata
August 11th, 2010, 11:09 PM
Hi

I have just done a fresh install of 10.4 Ubuntu, when I minimise any window, I don't see it in any of the panels.

Not sure why this is happening.

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance

kerry_s
August 11th, 2010, 11:13 PM
right click the panel & make sure you have a taskbar in the add/remove menu.

accodata
August 11th, 2010, 11:19 PM
and where do I find the add/remove menu, when I right click the bottom panel there is nothing like the add/remove menu.

Thanks

accodata
August 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Hi

No I don't have a taskbar in the main menu

kerry_s
August 12th, 2010, 12:25 AM
Hi

No I don't have a taskbar in the main menu

so add it. ;)

when you right click, on the menu, select the 2nd option from the top, thats the add/remove, on that screen is a list of everything on your panel, click the add button on the right & select what ever looks like it could be a taskbar/window list, then just move it up on the panel where you want it.

pastalavista
August 12th, 2010, 12:29 AM
Right click on the panel you want your windows buttons to be on and select "Add to panel" and then select "Window List" from the items available.

kerry_s
August 12th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Right click on the panel you want your windows buttons to be on and select "Add to panel" and then select "Window List" from the items available.

it's lubuntu, so uses lxpanel my friend.

pastalavista
August 12th, 2010, 01:43 AM
Didn't notice that... OP said "a fresh install of 10.4 Ubuntu".. I thought you misread

kerry_s
August 12th, 2010, 02:08 AM
Didn't notice that... OP said "a fresh install of 10.4 Ubuntu".. I thought you misread

you never know, could have posted in the wrong section. a lot of people don't even know what there using. :(