PDA

View Full Version : General mouse dismanteling/disassembly thread

del_diablo
August 11th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Ok, lets say you got a mouse. The mouse wheel has gone hairwine on you, and the warranty is long gone anyhow.
I had a mouse like that:
Quite a good mouse, so it would be a shame to toss it away.

So after a bit of searching under it:
I found 3 screws, I guess its similar on about every mouse with the same shape. You need to rip of the warranty seal to reach one of them, so if you got warranty ask yourself if you are going to need it.
After dismantling you will have something like this:
Blowing dust of the wheel spinning device on the right side using just your mouth works, preferably have some oil of some sort designed for sensitive parts and drip 1 drop onto the scroll device and then spin it around a few rounds(if you have a more handy drop flask, use it the handy way).
If you are unsure if the wheel is working, plug it in while being disassembled and try it out.

Afterwards you reassemble it, screw in all screws, and enjoy having a properly working mouse wheel again =D

=================

I will link out more "guides" for different mouse models if people bother to submit:

mendhak
August 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I tried dismantling my mouse but all I found was a tiny bulb inside. I think it's defective.

del_diablo
August 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Well, care to upload some pictures or tell us which mice it is?

The Real Dave
August 11th, 2010, 07:23 PM
I disassemled my mouse once. He never ran in his wheel again :(

Spice Weasel
August 11th, 2010, 07:52 PM
I have a Razer Salmosa. I'd throw a irl-rage if it broke, because afaik they are not sold anymore... It's probably the most sexy looking and comfortable mouse ever.

Mine has no logo on it, it wore off because I use it too much. :p I have a feeling that the rest of the mouse won't last too long either.

e: Lol at the not running on wheel comment.

del_diablo
August 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
I disassemled my mouse once. He never ran in his wheel again :(

:( You have my deepest feeling of sorrow.