PDA

View Full Version : Study: iPhone owners have more sex than Android owners

Sporkman
August 11th, 2010, 02:36 PM
[T]he statistical evidence is clear. The numbers do not claim to have been working late at the office. They merely expose a suspicion that has been harbored by many in the bars and bordellos of our nation.

Yes, in a deep and sonorous study by the dating site OkCupid, there seems to be no doubt: iPhone owners have more sex than BlackBerry owners and a lot more sex than the worthy, solemn, dedicated purchasers of Android phones.

The numbers for women might leave some readers breathless--as they rush to their local Apple store to buy an iPhone.

For this analysis of 30-year-olds with smartphones suggested that women with iPhones had an average of 12.3 sexual partners (I am sure the 0.3 knows exactly who he is), while their age-equivalents who had opted to put an Android into their purse scored a mere 6.1...

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim//2010/08/10/SexAndSmartPhones.png

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20013268-71.html

TheNerdAL
August 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
I think it's because having an iPhone makes you look rich or something? But hey, geeks are better when having sex. So Android is a win there. ;)

EDIT: This is going off topic but I like how people on Youtube with Apple products think they are geeks. <.<

HermanAB
August 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Rushing out to buy a phone won't change anything though. Correlation and all that...

If you are really hard-up, go to a church. There are loads of fine young lonely women there!

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 02:44 PM
If you are really hard-up

www.instantrimshot.com

This study doesn't show anything other than "iPhone users are easy", which is true since marketing clearly works on them at an accelerated rate :>

@OP: It says nothing of Windows Mobile Users. My wife and I just had a kid, so what does that say about me? >:D

Sporkman
August 11th, 2010, 02:46 PM
My wife and I just had a kid, so what does that say about me? >:D

It says the near-to-mid range forecast of your future sexual activity is bleak. :)

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 02:48 PM
It says the near-to-mid range forecast of your future sexual activity is bleak. :)

HEY-O lol

chris200x9
August 11th, 2010, 02:58 PM
In before if you have an iphone you are a ****.

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 03:04 PM
www.instantrimshot.com

This study doesn't show anything other than "iPhone users are easy", which is true since marketing clearly works on them at an accelerated rate :>
:rolleyes: The brand of phone someone buys has little to do with how susceptible they are to advertising. Don't be ridiculous.

Cuddles McKitten
August 11th, 2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know about having 12 sexual partners. It seems like your bed would get crowded. One at a time seems like a much more reasonable policy to me.

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 03:14 PM
:rolleyes: The brand of phone someone buys has little to do with how susceptible they are to advertising. Don't be ridiculous.

Is it any less ridiculous to claim that they're more susceptible to marketing ploys than it is to claim that they have more sex than your average person?

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
Is it any less ridiculous to claim that they're more susceptible to marketing ploys than it is to claim that they have more sex than your average person?

Significantly. One of these claims is based on a personal feeling of superiority, the other on a statistical study. I'm not saying OKcupid's results are definitive or infallible; simply that they didn't just smugly state "iPhone users have more sex," in the same way you implied "iPhone users are gullible dupes."

LowSky
August 11th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Look on the bright side: just by statistical math alone Android users have less chance of having a STD.

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Significantly. One of these claims is based on a personal feeling of superiority, the other on a statistical study. I'm not saying OKcupid's results are definitive or infallible; simply that they didn't just smugly state "iPhone users have more sex," in the same way you implied "iPhone users are gullible dupes."

Somebody is taking this thread and this survey way too seriously.

Hint: It's not Tristam Green.

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Somebody is taking this thread and this survey way too seriously.

Hint: It's not Tristam Green.

Who is it?!

jespdj
August 11th, 2010, 03:34 PM
I'm an exception. (I'll leave it up to you to imagine in what way!) :-\"

(Don't ask me what phone I have!).

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Who is it?!

http://wpcontent.answcdn.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/42/Shrug.jpg/250px-Shrug.jpg

Mahngiel
August 11th, 2010, 03:36 PM
How to increase your average if you're a geek with an Android?

Move to California (http://mingle2.com/dating-report/details/usa), drink more (http://mingle2.com/dating-report/details/drink), and watch golf (http://mingle2.com/dating-report/details/sports)

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 03:37 PM
The curiosity is if the sample of people surveyed were anywhere *near* a Starbuck's Coffee, an Apple Store, or a Best Buy.

TriBlox6432
August 11th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Screw Android, I'm getting an iPhone. ;)

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 03:55 PM
http://wpcontent.answcdn.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/42/Shrug.jpg/250px-Shrug.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/C7AdM.jpg

Tristam Green
August 11th, 2010, 03:58 PM
okay, we gotta stop with the image macros. tone and tenor and all that jazz :> let's go buy a couple iphones, and hook up with hawt chix!

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 04:05 PM
okay, we gotta stop with the image macros. tone and tenor and all that jazz :> let's go buy a couple iphones, and hook up with hawt chix!

I don't need any more iPhones or women in my life, you go on ahead.

konqueror7
August 11th, 2010, 04:07 PM
this data doesn't makes sense at all. first, there are still more iphone users there than the other 2. next, statistics like this are easily misleading, 1 participant could have 20 partners, the other 1 only 4, equals 12.

i bet if you count nokia users, then we are probably gonna say that nokia user are typically sex maniacs... :D

Npl
August 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
To quote Idiocracy:

As the 21st century began, human evolution was at a turning point. Natural selection, the process by which the strongest, the smartest, the fastest, reproduced in greater numbers than the rest, a process which had once favored the noblest traits of man, now began to favor different traits. Most science fiction of the day predicted a future that was more civilized and more intelligent. But as time went on, things seemed to be heading in the opposite direction. A dumbing down. How did this happen? Evolution does not necessarily reward intelligence. With no natural predators to thin the herd, it began to simply reward those who reproduced the most, and left the intelligent to become an endangered species.

****, Apple will own everything in 500 years!!

TheNosh
August 11th, 2010, 04:24 PM
EDIT: This is going off topic but I like how people on Youtube with Apple products think they are geeks. <.<

I like how people who have never bitten the head off of a live animal think they are geeks.

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 04:30 PM
To quote Idiocracy:

****, Apple will own everything in 500 years!!

What do you think qualifies you as smarter than an Apple user?

eriktheblu
August 11th, 2010, 04:43 PM
The study simply shows that iPone have more partners. More partners does not always result in more sex.

A man with 12 partners may have only participated in 12 sessions, whereas one with only one partner could have participated in thousands by age 30.

I say the study indicates that iPhone users are non-committal and Android users are more skilled at relationships.

Me, I don't have a smart phone; my wife uses Palm.

LowSky
August 11th, 2010, 04:47 PM
eriktheblu you might want to rephrase your post's last sentence... LOL

whiskeylover
August 11th, 2010, 04:49 PM
Hehe

Npl
August 11th, 2010, 04:51 PM
What do you think qualifies you as smarter than an Apple user?I dint say I am, but not buying Apple products obviously :p

It IMHO a fitting response if anyone correlates "getting laid" with "owning an iphone" so dont take this personal

conundrumx
August 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I dint say I am, but not buying Apple products obviously :p

It IMHO a fitting response if anyone correlates "getting laid" with "owning an iphone" so dont take this personal

I misread your initial post, my mistake. :)

mendhak
August 11th, 2010, 05:40 PM
These statistics prove that 100% of people given a survey about the number of sexual partners they have will lie about it.

KiwiNZ
August 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM
I dunno these people who take their phones out on a Friday and Saturday night and think that constitutes a date.

They needed to pay more attention in that one class in school that would have shown that a phone is not a partner.
Although some say if you buy the new Iphone you are screwed so I maybe wrong:p

earthpigg
August 11th, 2010, 08:51 PM
Study: iPhone owners have more sex than Android owners

the threads subject does not match the graph.

the graph mentions number of sexual partners, not frequency of sex.

it could also potentially indicate that iPhone users are more likely to have gonna-herpa-ciphil-aids (say it out loud): having sex 20 times with one person is 95% safer than having sex once with 20 different people.

AllRadioisDead
August 11th, 2010, 10:11 PM
I knew there had to be a downside when I sold my iPhone to get my HTC Hero....

Madspyman
August 11th, 2010, 10:13 PM
If someone needs an iPhone to get some, then maybe they need to reconsider their appeal. Also Droid users are probably to busy getting some to have time to take a poll at an online dating site.