PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Birmingham, UK

linel
August 11th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Hey guys

Going to live in Birmingham from the 8th of September going to study there at Birmingham City University.
Well i was wondering if anyone lives there if so could you please answer some questions?

Is 150 pounds per week enough( food, Internet, blabla )? I have already managed the rent.

Going to live in Studios 51 it looked nice from the picture but is the surrounding area good?

And the last question whats the fastest and cheapest way to go from Birmingham to Walsall?

:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

grahammechanical
August 11th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I cannot tell you anything about Brum, as the locals call it. I am a cockney and I have never been there. The name is not pronounced the same as the town in Alabama, USA. The "ham" part is pronounced as "em" by us down south. This is the website address of the railways. You can check the fares between Walsall and Birmingham. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk.

regards

soapytheclown
August 11th, 2010, 12:04 PM
£150 is more than enough to live on as a student after rent, when i was in Leicester i had friends that used to live on £40 a week!!

corporation street is right in the center of brum so the area is fine i guess

and to get to walsall you'll be taking the bus!!

oh and i live in wolverhampton and work in brum now :)

linel
August 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM
thanks alot for the answers :) looking forward to move there!!

Noz3001
August 11th, 2010, 03:47 PM
£150 is plenty, if you don't hit the pub daily.

schtufbox
August 11th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Yeah, with no one else reliant upon your money, £150 is plenty enough for a week after rent :)