PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Cannot Login Anylonger

Richard_Clement
August 11th, 2010, 12:56 AM
I just recently installed Xubuntu 10.04 on a new desktop and I have immediately begun to have issues. Within 10 minutes of installation, I had begun to look around to change the window 'theme' settings. I was scrolling through the themes and BOOM the system blanks out and forces me back to the login. At first I was thinking it was no big deal, but as it turns out, it will not let me back it.

Basically, I use my credentials, it appears to login, it goes to a black screen with the cursor at the top left and then sends me back to login like nothing happened.

If anyone has any ideas on how to reconcile the problem, I would surely appreciate it.

Thanks, Richard.

ubunterooster
August 11th, 2010, 04:37 AM
IMO, since you just installed, it would make sense to reinstall and see if it happens again. It would be difficult to troubleshoot something you can't get into.

Richard_Clement
August 11th, 2010, 06:22 AM
I went back and re-installed it and it was working. THEN I went to change the window theme to 'wild' something...the second to last choice in XFCE and BOOM it happened again. I wanted to use xubuntu on this desktop but this is strange. Does anyone have any ideas.

Richard_Clement
August 11th, 2010, 06:25 AM
Does anyone know some commands to force change the theme to something default if it is caused by the faulty theme?