PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Where are my Games?

scater
August 11th, 2010, 12:06 AM
When I download a game from the Ubuntu Software manager, it doesn't show up in the applications. Is there another place where the files are located? And how can I execute them? I am trying to run Mednafen

lyall
August 11th, 2010, 02:37 AM
have you install the Menu Editor?
if not install it from Synaptic Package Manager

then under Applications > Other > Menu Editor

in the Menu Editor under Games look for the game you are looking for and place check in the box in front of it, it will be in your Games listing

good luck and have fun learning

oldos2er
August 11th, 2010, 04:59 AM
Mednafen is a CLI program, so open a terminal (Applications, Accessories, Terminal), and enter mednafen

scater
August 11th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Mednafen is a CLI program, so open a terminal (Applications, Accessories, Terminal), and enter mednafen

I did that. Then it gave me this

menkin@menkin-desktop:~$ mednafen
Starting Mednafen 0.8.C
Loading settings from "/home/menkin/.mednafen/mednafen.cfg"...
Compiled against SDL 1.2.14, running with SDL 1.2.14

No command-line arguments specified.

Usage: mednafen [OPTION]... [FILE]
Please refer to the documentation for option parameters and usage.

scater
August 11th, 2010, 09:05 PM
have you install the Menu Editor?
if not install it from Synaptic Package Manager

then under Applications > Other > Menu Editor

in the Menu Editor under Games look for the game you are looking for and place check in the box in front of it, it will be in your Games listing

good luck and have fun learning

I did what you said. I came in contact with the program not opening. It is in the games menu on applications. But when I click to open it, it doesn't load...

linux18
August 11th, 2010, 09:06 PM
mednafen --help

sydbat
August 11th, 2010, 09:07 PM
I did what you said. I came in contact with the program not opening. It is in the games menu on applications. But when I click to open it, it doesn't load...Try doing a reinstall via Synaptic. There might be some dependencies that did not get installed from the Software Centre.