PDA

View Full Version : Whiteboard / Incident Board Software

Moif_Murphy
April 4th, 2006, 02:51 PM
I work in a busy ISD department and one of our downfalls is communication. To try and increase the flow of communication, our esteemed leader has stuck a sheet of plastic on the wall and is using it as a whiteboard. On it we are to write incidents and projects as and when they happen. The problem is not everybody can see it and most people forget it's there.

So in our last meeting I suggested that we move the whiteboard off of the wall and onto our screens and I have been tasked with finding a piece of software that we can all add to and is viewable in a browser window. It needs to cater for projects & incidents and should be editable by everyone. I was thinking wiki but if there's anything out there already I'd be interested in hearing about it.

Can anyone suggest anything OS that can deal with this? :-k

I have a VMWare machine running Ubuntu (obviously) and one running SuSE so anything PHP/MySQL based would be favourable.

Thanks guys.

soce_32
April 4th, 2006, 02:56 PM
I have used RT (http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/) for quite some time for helpdesk ticketing.

Moif_Murphy
April 4th, 2006, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the reply but we already have a ticket logging system called HEAT (which is rubbish incidentally). This is purely for use within our own team.

Kind of like a todo list but with features like completion progress etc

briancurtin
April 4th, 2006, 06:20 PM
my school has an electronic whiteboard system where we have these whiteboards on wheels that are projected onto a screen. you can set them to record what is written, overlay other pre-written "pages". i havent had a class in any of those rooms since freshman year, but ill ask around and see what that software was called.

it would require you to buy at least one of these special whiteboards though, and the software is windows based. its probably pretty expensive, and i dont know your budget, but ill try to find out what its called.