PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel x3100 laptop tv-out to 32" tv

reidtol
August 10th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Hello there!

After taking a break from Ubuntu for about a year because of numerous problems with my computer, I decided to try it out once again since my Windows XP decided to quit on me.

The problem I have is when I connect my laptop via an SVHS-cable to my tv, I get black borders around the image. I've managed to configure VLC and my TV so these black borders only appear to the left and the right side of the movie when playing in fullscreen on my TV, though this is not adequate. And I believe I have to scale the picture up in order to properly fill the screen, which is what I did in Windows XP.

I've searched like a madman, and others seem to have this problem, and I've come to realize that I have to use Xrandr to fix it, this is completely new to me and I really don't understand what to do.

So, unless anyone got another solution, if some kind soul could walk me through the process of fixing this in Xrandr, it would be much appreciated.

I really don't want to go back to Windows just because of this minor issue! :popcorn:

Optional info:
My computer is an Zepto 3215w, which has the Intel x3100 graphics.
My TV (an Panasonic TX-32PX10F if you want to know) has a visible diagonal of 76 cm (~55cm x 37cm).
And I'm running Ubuntu 10.4.

I also tested playing a video on the TV, and the colours weren't the best, is there a way to fix this as well?
Also, thing is, the black borders was in Windows as well so I guess it's normal, but there I had a program which comes with the Intel drivers for Windows where I was able to scaled up / zoom the picture so it filled up the screen on the TV properly. Though I cannot find any equal in Ubuntu to get this done.

Update: Edited the text.

reidtol
August 14th, 2010, 10:47 AM
http://i527.photobucket.com/albums/cc357/Hyrulistan/bump.gif anyone?