PDA

View Full Version : How to use a nindendo usb connector as a wifi card.

anthonyrossbach
August 10th, 2010, 03:16 PM
I found a cool trick for all you users that have a desktop with no wireless.

So I gave my brother a wireless router to replace the Nintendo wifi stick he had on his Windows XP computer when in Edmonton on a trip so he could use his wii when he is not longed into the computer. After it was sitting there and I started to wonder what would happen if I plugged in the $30 Nintendo USB Connector in my Ubuntu laptop. I did it and what do you know, it works like a wireless card, it is like a antenna on the computer, using its own internet connection and to test this I removed my laptops real wireless card and the internet was working off the USB stick, I was shocked, this is the best thing, $30 wireless for desktops and laptops.

Take a look, also the USB gave more hotspots. So this is a supper cheap and small and you can even have the usb closer to the signal by a usb extension cord.

I will be keeping one with me from now on.

dmizer
August 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Courtesy bump. Thanks for posting :)

Khakilang
August 14th, 2010, 10:13 AM
A USB wifi adapter cost abot RM50.00 (RM3.60 to US$1.00 approx.) over here in Malaysia, you work out the maths. And it come with a USB extension cord. That will cost less than US$30.00 and it works on my Ubuntu computer.

chriswyatt
August 14th, 2010, 03:18 PM
I don't think you can use it in master mode which is a shame, it's difficult to get my DS online anymore because it needs to use WEP or no encryption.

betrunkenaffe
August 14th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I don't think you can use it in master mode which is a shame, it's difficult to get my DS online anymore because it needs to use WEP or no encryption.

Pretty sure you can. My buddy picked it up to hack his own wireless network... definitely worked.