PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Changing theme does not change theme...

Vinre
August 9th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Just got ubuntu on my new comp (and It's beautiful and I love it ;D... ) And I'm trying to get it to look like it did on my old computer theme wise at least. So I go to system>preferences>appearance and start changing things the way I like, changing colors and fonts. Then when I'm done, I click close, and... it not only doesn't change the theme at all, it doesn't save the changes I made to the customized theme (even when I do the "save as" option which wasn't there on my old computer, though, this is running the desktop version, and that was the netbook version).
I dislike very much this greyness, and Liked my redwithwhitetext profile. I know, it's just aesthetics, but it bothers me greatly that it won't change.

What is REALLY wonky is that it was fine last night/this morning.
I looked up some keyboard commands because of my odd desk situation, I wanted to be able to open terminal without using the mouse and... I think I may have used the wrong thing... and I couldn't get out of it so i had to restart... and now it's like this. So... any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm still learning ubuntu, I mean, yesterday I just got the whole PPA gig down. I feel pretty stupid not being able to get the themes working again but like I said, it was working before. So I know how to do it, I just don't know why it won't change again.

Vinre
August 12th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Bump for help, or some kind of response? 51 views and no replies, either I've stumped everyone or my question is too stupid to merit response... *sigh*

Vinre
August 12th, 2010, 11:40 PM
IT friend helped solve it.

DayLite
August 13th, 2010, 09:48 AM
IT friend helped solve it.

I am glad that it was solved. How about sharing the solution. I am very new to Ubuntu and read these posts to learn.