PDA

View Full Version : Clarification on a warning I just recieved

RiceMonster
August 9th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Normally I'm not one to challenge warnings or infractions, but I would just like to clarify that I did not post the thread I just recieved a warning for ("do not post spam like threads"). I made the first post in the thread, and the OP was deleted which made it appear as if I made the thread.

This is the link to the thread (now in the jail):
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9698497

If it's still an issue that I responded to the thread (which was a spam thread), that's fine. Not to much of an issue, but I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.

KiwiNZ
August 9th, 2010, 08:45 PM
There was nothing of value or even a valid topic for the thread. Checking the thread there was nothing 'deleted'. It was closed by another staff member and moved to the jail by myself.

Posting threads like this is a waste of our time and other members time and server resources and we request that you refrain from doing so.

RiceMonster
August 9th, 2010, 08:54 PM
I agree there was nothing of value. The original post was an advertisement for a forum or something. The OP was deleted and then closed by cariboo, who's post you can see said "Thread closed, as this was a spam thread" which to me, seems to say cariboo possibly saw the original OP. As you can see, the title in my post said "RE: <title>". Perhaps the mod who deleted the original OP can confirm.

KiwiNZ
August 9th, 2010, 08:59 PM
@cariboo are you able to throw some light on this ?

I would hate to have been unjust in this case. The Thread shows no other editing other the closure and transfer????

overdrank
August 9th, 2010, 11:33 PM
For the admin
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1549246

bodhi.zazen
August 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM
Normally I'm not one to challenge warnings or infractions, but I would just like to clarify that I did not post the thread I just recieved a warning for ("do not post spam like threads"). I made the first post in the thread, and the OP was deleted which made it appear as if I made the thread.

This is the link to the thread (now in the jail):
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9698497

If it's still an issue that I responded to the thread (which was a spam thread), that's fine. Not to much of an issue, but I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.

I reversed the warning.

In the future, please do not feed the trolls or spamers. If you come across such a thread , report it and move on. There is no need for you to leave a post in such a thread =)

cariboo
August 10th, 2010, 12:03 AM
overdrank linked to the spam post that started the thread, there were posts left, after the spam was removed, so I just closed the thread. I guess I should have stated that the thread was started by a spammer, instead of just calling it a spam thread. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

RiceMonster
August 10th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Thanks, everyone.

KiwiNZ
August 10th, 2010, 12:16 AM
Thank you bodhi, cariboo and overdrank.

I agree with bodhi's comments if you had left well alone this would have been avoided, in future just report the spam.

However I do apologize for incorrectly giving a warning in this instance and I am sorry for any embarrassment or upset this may have caused you.

RiceMonster
August 10th, 2010, 12:19 AM
No harm done :)