PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mobile] Motorola Q9C Dual OS possible?

infinitum3d
August 9th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I'd like to try to run Ubuntu from the Storage Card on my MotoQ9C. This would allow me to use Windows Mobile 5 (and my installed CAB/JAR files) but also give me the ability to Ubuntu for programming on my phone.

Has anyone tried to run dual operating systems (Win/Linux) on a cellphone?
Has anyone tried to run Ubuntu from a storage card?
Has anyone tried using Ubuntu for programming on an actual cellphone?

Don't laugh, but I need Ubuntu on my phone so I can use Scratch (Scratch.MIT.edu) on my cellphone. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm trying to use my phone for programming. NOT programming on a computer and transferring it to the phone, I want to be able to actually compile ON the cellphone. If there was an SDK that would work ON a cellphone then I'd learn it. But the only thing that I've found for programming games ON a cellphone is ... NOTHING!!! (lol)

So I'm desperate. I'm willing to try anything, even Scratch, which sounds possible (doesn't actually compile). Scratch has a Ubuntu version, and Ubuntu has been run on other models of cellphones, so...

Any ideas?

Comments, criticisms, even flames are welcome.

I know, I know, "just buy a cheap laptop" but I don't want to carry around a laptop. I get 5-10 minutes here and there throughout the day, and my cell is always in my pocket, so I want some way to actually program ON a cellphone, without a real computer.

Thanks for reading, and happy programming.

I3D