PDA

View Full Version : Food caring: Did you know that Chrom, Nickel, and Cobalt are cancirogenic?

patrick295767
August 9th, 2010, 05:45 PM
Those at low levels, but though one should be aware that where we are living there is more conditions than in the past which are increasing all those background levels of all around going on, although all developments are bringing good things

Zorgoth
August 9th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Oh my god! And to think of all those chrome-plated lasagnas I always bring to potlucks! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

whiskeylover
August 9th, 2010, 06:34 PM
Its either carcinogenic or cancerogenic.

Simian Man
August 9th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Yes I do know that. That's why whenever I'm making a recipe that calls for one of these metals, I make substitutions. Chrome and nickel can be substituted for aluminum provided you reduce the amount of liquid in the recipe slightly to preserve the consistency. Cobalt can be substituted with either Copper or Pyrite (fool's gold). Copper is cheaper and easier to find, but does have a slight acidity you may have too account for.

LowSky
August 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Copper turns my tongue green...
I have to stop licking my pocket change.

In all seriousness I think everything can be linked to cancer. I'm waiting for water to be added to that list.

patrick295767
August 9th, 2010, 07:45 PM
Oh my god! And to think of all those chrome-plated lasagnas I always bring to potlucks! WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!

Do not worry it is radically much less than Fluoro-pans, and chrome nickel is found everywhere, with no danger, but anyhow one shall know that it exists some possible risks.

Aluminium by the way has too a certain degree of toxicity...

However ceramics are no danger at all, look in antiquity, we used that mainly

linux18
August 9th, 2010, 07:57 PM
everything gives you cancer these days.