PDA

View Full Version : Netbook Launcher with Files/Folders on right hand side?

mosestruong
August 9th, 2010, 04:15 AM
I've seen some screen shots of the Netbook Launcher where it has the Files/Folders on the right hand side, however I can't figure out how to enable that on mine. Is this possible with version 10.04?

kerry_s
August 9th, 2010, 05:08 AM
no, thats the old version, i think 9.04.

daisyallen123
August 9th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I may or may not persist through to the April 29 release of Ubuntu 10.04, in the beta version the maximise, minimise, and close buttons appear in the top left of a window.So you are right I will try it .

kerry_s
August 9th, 2010, 11:52 AM
I may or may not persist through to the April 29 release of Ubuntu 10.04, in the beta version the maximise, minimise, and close buttons appear in the top left of a window.So you are right I will try it .

what? 10.04 is released, it's not beta.

you can change the button position in gconf-editor or selecting a theme with it on the right, new wave for example.

mosestruong
August 9th, 2010, 12:57 PM
My question is not related to whether the buttons are on the right or the left - it doesn't really matter for the netbook remix - since most windows are maximised and the buttons aren't shown anyway.

What I wanted is how to get the list of files and folders shown as tabs on the right side of the launcher...

kerry_s
August 9th, 2010, 01:07 PM
My question is not related to whether the buttons are on the right or the left - it doesn't really matter for the netbook remix - since most windows are maximised and the buttons aren't shown anyway.

What I wanted is how to get the list of files and folders shown as tabs on the right side of the launcher...

like i said before, thats the old version. to get that install ubuntu netbook remix 9.04.
http://releases.ubuntu.com/jaunty/

just keep in mine, back then it was not as stable.

whats wrong with it being in a tab?