PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] AWN on dual monitors (laptop)

blind0wl
August 9th, 2010, 02:11 AM
I've had a bit of a search and havent seen much in regards to my issue. I run a Dell e6410 for work purposes, whilst at the office I have an external monitor hooked up to the docking station and I run AWN.

AWN I have had to force onto my laptop monitor (which is what I want) by increasing the values in the width configuration. I believe this is the workaround as both monitors are side by side and so expand the virtual resolution.

However, my issue is when I power down the laptop and take it home...AWN obviously remembers those values as they are hard set, so when I turn the laptop on AWN doesnt show up as it is naturally being forced over the resolution of just the laptop screen. Is there anyway to get around this issue?

Regards

Blindy

daisyallen123
August 9th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Only two possibility one is the 2405 is a secondary monitor hooked up to an Inspiron notebook through a VGA output. Both the 2405 and the laptop screen are set to a resolution of 1900x1200 and the desktop extends across both.And second one 2405 is the primary monitor hooked into an NVidia 7900 GS (dual dvi). The secondary monitor here is an old 17" CRT. The 2405 is still set at 1900x1200, but the CRT is running 1024x768. Desktop extends across both.