PDA

View Full Version : [PPC] Generic Installation Help - iMac G3 PowerPC

Sonic Monkey
August 9th, 2010, 01:56 AM
Hi all. I've been hovering around these forums for quite some time now, to obtain anonymous help from people with similar problems, and it's worked out like that so far, but I just had to join to get help on my particular issue.

All I need is some help installing Ubuntu 10.04 on my iMac G3 PowerPC. I have had small amounts of luck with 6.06 on the same machine, but I'd like to upgrade to something more recent. When I installed Dapper Drake, I had to edit the /etc/X11/xorg.conf file to get it to work, as instructed by another tutorial. I've realized that doesn't occur in the 10.04 installation, and I don't know what to do from here. When I try to install, I get a non-graphical startup screen, that eventually displays several errors in red text. The computer gets past this, and a minute or two later plays a startup chime with nothing on the screen. I just wonder what to do to get an image on the screen to guide me to installation. I'm running out of blank CDs and I'd like to use the GUI installation instead of the CLI.

I hope somebody responds, and is willing to take their time to help me with this annoying issue. If you need any more information, just ask.

Thanks,
Daniel.