PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 2 issues with chromium

AM_SOS
August 8th, 2010, 06:06 PM
hi all,

after finding firefox too slow, i recently shifted full time to chromium.
and now i know why it has such a fan following ! its seriously fast, especially as compared to firefox - which at least in my case would appear to have got bogged down because of numerous add-ons etc.
however, there are 2 things that disturb the basic functional of chromium.
-whenever i click on the browser icon, the window that opens up is never in "maximized" size. so every time i need to double click on the title border to maximize the window.
is there some way in which the browser window will open in maximized mode the first time i click the icon ?
-firefox wouid readily open pdf files within the browser window itself. however, chromium asks me to first save the file at some location, and then only can i open it !
this is just weird, so any comments on how to get around this ?
thanks!

ironic.demise
August 8th, 2010, 07:51 PM
Not sure about the maximising, nor the pdf thing, but I don't think you should open pdf in a browser anyway, get a pdf reader because pdfs have a habit of crashing browsers.

AM_SOS
August 9th, 2010, 06:27 AM
oh no, i dont always open pdfs in the browser.

its just that sometimes one needs to just quickly check something and the having to save and then open the file becomes a little cumbersome.

of course i have both pdf browsers installed - the standard evince as well as adobe.

however, chromium doesn't even give me a choice to allow a pdf file to open directly without first saving it !

thanks!