PDA

View Full Version : Making Ecoweb WiMax modem sprint in Linux

coolmac
August 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Hi guys,

I got the ZTE TU25 WiMAX 4G modem from Ecoweb but making it work in Linux 10.04 is driving me up the wall!

I'm seeking a solution to this on a number of linux user forums so as soon as I get something, I'll let everyone know.

If anyone has made it work already, post the solution here.

Thanks

NIT006.5
August 11th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Thanks for the post! We've also been looking at this and haven't found a solution yet. Apparently, based on other posts I've seen regarding the ZTE TU25 modem, there are no Linux drivers available and it simply won't work.

I have been in touch with the manufacturers and they requested some additional info which I have not sent them yet (will do so asap).

I was also speaking to Genesis who said they have already been speaking to Ecoweb about a Linux-compatible modem and that something will hopefully be available October/November. Fingers crossed.

Rowanmf
September 26th, 2010, 09:35 AM
the only solution i have found is to run xp in virtualbox and load the modem in there , to run VB you must use the sudo hald and sudo VirtualBox commands in a terminal , then the usb devices are seen , plug in the modem ,click on devices and tick the zte modem and it then works like a dream .

NIT006.5
September 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Great, thanks for posting :)