PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Strange login issue

spliceroverlord
August 8th, 2010, 01:25 AM
Hi,
I recently installed Linux Ubuntu 10.04, and about a week after installation, when I tried to boot up Ubuntu, all I was greeted with was a fullscreen terminal window, which I couldn't exit, and appeared to be saved from my last login session. As I couldn't do anything on Linux, and my other computer was broken, I just decided to reinstall. That worked until about two days ago, when now, instead of having a login screen when I boot up my machine, it logs me straight into ubuntu, without asking me for my password until it is already logged in, I haven't tried not entering the 'keyring' password, as it calls it, but I have multiple accounts on my computer, and this specific account has admin privelages, which doesn't make me feel to secure about my system. Could someone please help me with a solution and maybe an idea of what exactly has gone wrong(whether or not mys system is corrupted).
thanks.

spliceroverlord
August 8th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Whoops, figured it out myself, I just went into System>Administration>Login Screen, unlocked the window and ticked the box "show the screen for choosing who will log in", turned out it was set to log me in automatically ](*,)