View Full Version : [ubuntu] "What U hear", "WaveOut Mix", or "Stereo Mixer"?

Zach G
August 7th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Hello everyone! I'm new to Ubuntu/Linux, and I love it. :D

There's a feature in Windows called "What U hear" or "Wave out mix".
And what it does, is it's a recording device, but all it is, is recording/playing back the sounds on your computer/desktop.

And I don't need this for audacity, I need this to play over Skype, and Ventrillo, so I'm not looking for a program that records or anything, I'm looking for the actual driver to be selected as a microphone or what knot.

On another note, my audio driver isn't installed. And I don't know how to install it, because under device manager, it's not displaying my audio chip. but I'm still getting sound and everything. and I'm pretty sure I need my audio card installed for this (Yes it does support the feature)..

[Extra Details; I have an HP Pavilion DV6000 laptop, the audio driver I need to install is "Conexant High Definition Audio"]

So where can I install the driver/or Get a program that mimics a microphone, and gets the sound from the speakers and into the mic.

Thank you to anyone who puts an ounce in energy in helping me with this, I've been going crazy trying to get this to work. :(

September 12th, 2010, 04:07 AM
They can no longer offer this feature because the RIAA will sue Ubuntu for $100,000 a day. Windows 7 does not have this because Microsoft was sick of paying the fine.

To have this feature you must pay the RIAA $25,000 and they will give you the super seekrit driver codes. These files can't be pirated as they have super tight DRM on them that will make an unauthorized hard drive explode.