PDA

View Full Version : hulu kowtowing to flash

chris200x9
August 6th, 2010, 04:25 PM
"hulu does not support 64 bit flash" what?! Funny hulu ran fine on the 64 bit version of flash until adobe pulled the plug. I refuse to beleive hulu upgraded it's whole site so now only flash 10.1 works. It's been like a month and a half. Sorry /rant

alexan
August 6th, 2010, 10:25 PM
"hulu does not support 64 bit flash" what?! Funny hulu ran fine on the 64 bit version of flash until adobe pulled the plug. I refuse to beleive hulu upgraded it's whole site so now only flash 10.1 works. It's been like a month and a half. Sorry /rant

If a streaming website is not able to provide decent html5 alternative: quit it.

Clients are on charge; no option, no real intention to stay in market.

Youtube drive this segment of market; there's a reason if they are among the first with html5.

Lucradia
August 6th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Youtube drive this segment of market; there's a reason if they are among the first with html5.

Though, youtube blatantly BLOCKS firefox from using the html5 feature, even though it can.

alexan
August 6th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Obviously Youtube could had make it more right... anyway, there's substantial difference with those services (like hulu) which are unable to provide alternative at all.

If you're concerned about youtube, there's http://tinyvid.tv/
If you find something on youtube which want to share at full freedom, consider it.

Spice Weasel
August 6th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Though, youtube blatantly BLOCKS firefox from using the html5 feature, even though it can.
What do you expect? This is Google.

Lucradia
August 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM
What do you expect? This is Google.

I said it can use the feature, I didn't say it could play the videos.

Firefox doesn't have the h264 abilities that chrome has.

doorknob60
August 6th, 2010, 11:39 PM

No, Firefox can't play H.264 videos, which most Youtube videos are. Find a video out there that's in WebM, and it will work just fine (if your FF is new enough). It just reverts to Flash if it knows the browser won't be able to play it (that's a good thing).